No one wants to do the same task twice, especially when you're trying to work smarter and save time.
That's why integrating your Office 365 / Outlook Calendar with Timely is awesome! 💥It lets you automatically import recurring events, multi-day events, and full day events directly to your Memory timeline.
All scheduled events show up in your Memory Timeline, for a simple view of the day's appointments. It even imports event titles, so you don't have to fill in any notes. By capturing all the time you actually spend on the event (rather than just what you planned), you can create an accurate log for your time.
- When you integrate your calendar(s), you'll get 30 days calendar history and 3 days in the future.
- Data is never sent back or changed in Office 365/Outlook; what you do in Timely, stays in Timely.
- Any changes you make in your calendar will automatically update in Timely.
- Events you change in Timely (e.g. meeting times or tagged projects), will be overridden by any subsequent changes you make in Office 365/Outlook.
- Every calendar event in your Office 365/Outlook calendar will be imported into Timely except for private events; these are never imported into Timely
- All-day events will not show up in Timely. To have these events show up in Timely, you can simply unselect the "all-day" option in the event and enter the From-To times.
- Multi-day events will not show up in Timely.
- This is not a two-way sync: entries created in Timely will not import into your Office365/Outlook calendar.
- If you disconnect your Outlook integration, calendar events will be deleted from your timeline.
- Only Office 365/Outlook Calendar events will import into Timely
Connect Office 365 / Outlook with Timely
- Log in to Timely
- Go to your Settings > Apps
- Select Office 365
You'll be directed to the Office 365 page. Click 'Connect New Account', select the account you wish to connect, and enter your credentials:
Timely will then request permission to connect to your Office 365. Hit 'Accept' to proceed:
Once you've accepted permission, you'll be see the Calendar account that is now integrated with Timely. You need to choose the specific calendars to import from.
Have multiple calendars? No problem - select as many as you'd like to integrate them at the same time. You can always come back later to edit your selections.
Hit 'Save Now' and all of your events will automatically be uploaded to your Memory Timeline.
That's it! Your calendar events will now import directly to your Memory timeline.
How do I disconnect the calendar and remove all the planned entries imported into my week?
You just need to disconnect your calendar integration with Timely - click on the red Remove button on the Office 365 page:
I don't have access to Memory. Can I still use the Calendar integration?
Absolutely! Even if you haven't installed the Memory tracker, you will still be able to see your integrations on the Memory Timeline.
I've updated my Outlook calendar, but my events are not showing up on my timeline.
If you've created or edited several events in quick succession, it might take some time for your calendar events to appear in your timeline. If you're still having issues, try to disconnect and reconnect your Office 365/calendar integration.
*Keep in mind that calendar events on your Memory timeline will be removed when you remove the calendar integration from Timely. Once you integrate the calendar again, one month of calendar history and all future calendar events will be imported.