Who likes doing the same task twice? We certainly don't and you probably don't either. That's why integrating your Google Calendar with Timely is the best thing since sliced bread! 🍞
With the Google Calendar integration, you can see all your scheduled appointments for each day and quickly log meeting time just by clicking on them. BOOM! Time logged.
- When you integrate your calendar(s), one month of calendar history and all future calendar events will be imported.
- Data is never sent back or changed in Google Calendar; what you do in Timely, stays in Timely.
- Any changes you make in Google Calendar will automatically update in Timely.
- Events you change in Timely (e.g. meeting times or tagged projects), will be overridden by any subsequent changes you make in Google Calendar.
- All-day events will not show up in Timely. To have these events show up in Timely, you can simply unselect the "all-day" option in the event and enter the From-To times.
- Multi-day events will not show up in Timely.
- This is not a two-way sync: entries created in Timely will not import into your Google Calendar.
- If you disconnect your Google Calendar integration, keep in mind that Memory events will be deleted from your timeline.
Connect your Google Calendar
- Log in to Timely
- Go to your Settings > Apps
- Select Google Calendar
Click 'Connect New Account' and enter your credentials for the account you wish to integrate with Timely.
Timely will then request access permission to your Google Calendars. Click "Allow" to authorize permissions.
Once you've accepted permission, you'll be see the Calendar account that is now integrated with Timely. You need to choose the specific calendar(s) to import from.
Have multiple calendars? No problem - select as many as you'd like to integrate them at the same time. You can always come back later to edit your selections.
Hit 'Save Now' and your events will automatically be uploaded to your Memory Timeline.
Once you've saved your selection, you can see exactly how many calendars are importing from Google to your Memory Timeline:
That's it! Your calendar events will now import into Timely. Clicking your calendar events to create logged time entries directly from your Memory timeline.
How do I disconnect the calendar and remove all the planned entries imported into my week?
You just need to disconnect your calendar integration with Timely - click on the red Remove button on the Google Calendar page:
I don't have access to Memory. Can I still use the Calendar integration?
Absolutely! Even if you haven't installed the Memory tracker, you will still be able to see your integrations on the Memory Timeline.
I've updated my Google calendar, but my events are not showing up on my timeline.
If you've created or edited several events in quick succession, it might take some time for your calendar events to appear in your timeline. If you're still have issues, try to disconnect and reconnect your Google Calendar integration.
*Keep in mind that calendar events on your Memory timeline will be removed when you remove the calendar integration from Timely. Once you integrate the calendar again, one month calendar history and all future calendar events will be imported.