Who likes doing the same task twice? We certainly don't and you probably don't either. That's why integrating your Google Calendar with Timely is the best thing since sliced bread! 🍞
With the Google Calendar integration, you can see all your scheduled appointments for each day and quickly log meeting time just by clicking on them. BOOM! Time logged.
- Every calendar event in your Google Calendar is imported into Timely
- Data is never sent back or changed in Google Calendar; what you do in Timely, stays in Timely
- Any changes you make in Google Calendar will automatically update in Timely
- Events you change in Timely (e.g. meeting times or tagged projects), will be overridden by any subsequent changes you make in Google Calendar
- Multi-day events will only show up on the first day (e.g. if the event is Mon-Wed all day, the event will only import on Monday into Timely).
- All-day events will not show up in Timely. To have these events show up in Timely, you can simply unselect the "all-day" option in the event and enter the From-To times.
- This is not a two-way sync: entries created in Timely will not import into your Google Calendar.
Connect your Google Calendar:
- Log in to Timely
- Go to your Hours > Day view
- Click on 'Apps' in the Memory Timeline Toolbar
- Select Google Calendar
You'll be directed to the Google Calendar page to connect a new account:
Click "Connect New Account", select the account you wish to connect, and enter your credentials. Timely will then request access permission to your Google Calendars:
Click "Allow" and you'll be redirected back to Timely. Then just select the specific calendars you want to integrate:
Multiple calendars? No problem - you can select as many as you like and integrate them at the same time. You can always come back later to edit your selections.
When you've saved your selection, you can see exactly how many calendars are importing from Google to your Memory Timeline:
Once it's finished importing, you'll be able to see all your calendar events in your Memory Timeline in Hours > Day View!
How do I disconnect the calendar and remove all the planned entries imported into my week?
You just need to disconnect your calendar integration with Timely - click on the red Remove button on the Office 365 page:
*Keep in mind that entries imported as planned time that haven't been edited will be removed when you remove the calendar integration from Timely.
I don't have access to Memory. Can I still use the Calendar integration?
Absolutely! Even if you haven't installed the Memory tracker, you will still be able to see your integrations on the Memory Timeline.