Setting hourly rates for a project is a great way of tracking work against a project budget. It also just makes good sense to see how much money you make with each hour. 😉
Before we get into how to do this, note: if you edit an hourly rate globally for a project or individual, it will change all hours previously logged on that project.
Set hourly user rates per project from the Project page:
- Head to the Project section (make sure you're using the web browser version of Timely, or the Mac or Windows app!)
- Click on the project you want to edit
- Click on Edit Project button in the top-right corner of the screen to land on the project settings page, and find the Hourly Rate section:
4. You have three different options for setting a hourly project rate:
- Set the same rate for everyone on the project
- Set individual rates for each person
- Make the project non-billable.
A) To Set the same rate for everyone on the project:
Enter the hourly rate that you'd like to apply to everyone on the project.
The hourly rates for everyone involved in the project will auto-populate with the value you enter.
B) To Set Individual Rates:
Select the box next to each user to give them access to the project. Next, enter whatever hourly rate you want to set for each individual.
C) To Make a project non-billable:
Just select it and you're done – you don't need to set any hourly rates.
Set a user's project rate on the their Permissions page:
Adjust individual project rates for projects that don't have blanket rates attached to them.
Individual hourly rates per project
- Head to the People section
- Select the user you want to edit
- Select Per Project Rates
- Projects using blanket rates are grayed out and can't be edited
- Non-billable projects will state Non-billable
Set a global rate for a user
Setting a global rate for a user will auto-populate all projects they work on with a fixed hourly rate.
- Head over to the People section
- Click on the user you want to edit
- Select Use the same rate for all projects
- Set their global project rate