Flic is a wireless smart button that connects to your iPhone or Android phone and can easily be programmed perform tasks when you press it.
A Flic button has many uses, but the coolest one is that you can use it to log time with Timely – it's probably the quickest way to populate your timesheet!
You can press the Flic button to start and stop a timer ("clock in/out"), or you can add a new timesheet entry to a project, with a predefined amount of time and a note.
Here's what you need to get started
How to set it up
- Download and install the Flic app, and follow the instructions to add your Flic.
- Add an action to your Flic, and search for Timely. You'll need to enter your username and password to connect Timely with Flic.
- Select the client and project you want the entries to be added to.
- Select "Punch clock" or "Log time"
- Fill in the Note, Hours (if you choose Log time) and Minutes fields below. Click Add in the top right corner when you're done.
Tips & Tricks
- I added the "Punch clock" action for a single click on the Flic, and wrote "Timed with my White Flic" as note, so I can easily identify this entry in Timely later.
- I mapped the "Log time" action to a double-click on my Flic, and wrote "Logged with my White Flic" as the note.
- Get a 4-pack of Flics and bind each different color to a different Timely project. Make sure to make the project color the same as the Flic you bound to it.