Who likes doing things twice? We don't, and you shouldn't either. That's why integrating your Google Calendar with Timely is the best thing since sliced bread!
🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞
It's super simple. With the Google Calendar integration, you can import recurring events, multi-day events, and full day events as planned entries throughout your week.
We'll automatically import the title of the event too, so you won't even need to fill in your notes! We think it's pretty spot on! ✨
Not only that, but in Memory, you can see all your appointments for today, so you can easily log your time by clicking on the event–and BOOM! Time logged.
- Data is never sent back or changed in Google Calendar; the stuff you do in Timely, stays in Timely.
- Events that have not been changed in any way in Timely will update when you make changes in Google Calendar.
- Events you have changed in Timely, e.g. updated the time or project, will stop updating if you make changes in Google Calendar.
- Every calendar event in your Google Calendar will be imported into Timely.
- Multi-day events will only show up on the first day (e.g. if the event is Mon-Wed all day, the event will only import on Monday into Timely).
This is not a two-way sync, meaning Timely entries will not import into your Google Calendar. Only Google Calendar events will import into Timely.
Get Google Connected:
- Login to Timely
- Click on Memory Integrations
- Select Google Calendar
Next, you'll be brought to this page:
Click "Connect new account to Timely" and enter your credentials.
Timely will then request permission to access your Google Calendars:
Once back in Timely, check the box of each calendar you'd like to import into Timely. When you select a calendar, you'll see two import options:
- Select the first circle: If you want your calendar to only import in Memory.
- Select the second circle: If you want to automatically import your calendar's events into a project and import into Memory. (If you want to see your events in Week View, choose this option.)
Hit save and all of your events will automatically add to your Timely account.
How do I disconnect the calendar and remove all the planned entries imported into my week?
To get rid of your entries that have been imported to your week, you need to disconnect your calendar integration with Timely.
You can do this by clicking on the red Remove button on the Google Integration app page.
*Keep in mind that entries imported as planned time that haven't been edited will be removed when you remove the calendar integration from Timely.
I don't have access to Memory, can I still use the Calendar integration?
You can, if you don't have access to Memory events will still import to your
Weekview and then they will appear under your Calendar Day View Widget.